15 January 2009

WIP Update

I took pictures of some works in progress and got them uploaded to Ravelry today. My hope is to get my current works more active and then I can work backwards as necessary to get my Ravelry page more complete. Here's a short summary...for details click the Ravelry links above the progress bars on the right.

Denim Eskimo

denim eskimo 2

This first photo is good for color. In the second you can see the buttons I found at JoAnn's - they're a perfect match!

denim eskimo

It's such fun to work with bulky yarn - progress moves so quickly!

CeCe

My new trick here is knitting two sleeves in the round on one long circular needle. I used the technique in Melissa Morgan Oakes' sock book and just cast on cuffs for sleeves rather than cuffs for top down socks. Now that they're long enough, I've tied the cuffs closed and the balls of yarn are each inside their sleeves.

CeCe Sleeves

The body is coming together well, too...the color is more accurate in this body photo, too.

CeCe body


Philosopher's Wool Tartan Jacket

This is my third 12 sweaters project going right now - the color is good in this photo and it's fun to watch the pattern grow. I'm working on sleeve two now.

tartan jacket sleeve

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.