02 January 2009

Plans and Goals

It's been such fun to work through my stash - yarn is done except for sock & lace and I'm working on fiber now - and begin to plan for 12 sweaters.  In reading blogs, one of the things I realize is that it can be helpful to have projects going at large and small gauges.  I have 2 sweaters in progress at fairly small gauge and heavy thought right now - a philosopher's wool fair isle and a bamboo lace.  I rediscovered a lovely yarn yesterday (Classic Elite Paintbox in denim-y shades of blue) which will be perfect for the larger gauge Drops Eskimo jacket (pattern 103-1).  I think I'll start that over the weekend and then I have 3 sweaters in 3 very different styles going and my goal is to finish all of them by the end of March.  I'll start a new one each time I finish one and that means I'll have a colorwork, a lace/patterned knit, and a fairly plain sweater going at all times - that variety should be helpful. 

I have a fairly complete yarn database on my computer and haven't put stash into Ravelry because I can't just upload my spreadsheet as a starting point.   My Ravelry goal will be to enter all WIPs during January and to keep current with the sweaters.  Maybe then I'll learn to use my Ravelry status for projects to keep progress bars on this blog.  

Pictures come first, pictures come first, pictures come first - feel sorry for any readers who may discover you and be quickly bored by all text!  

You'll note I did learn to add a button - for Knitters without Borders.  I decided that one of my actions based on my resolutions would be to be more intentional about my charitable contributions and I'm starting here.  Feel free to click to learn more and contribute if you wish.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.